Re: SASL mechanisms that return no data in last leg

I'd have to agree with Alexey.  The mechanism for provide data
with the last leg of the exchange is optional.  That is, if there
is data to be sent AND the server chooses not to require
another roundtrip, the server can attach the data to last
message.

Another point is that SASL allows the mechanism data
in any message of the exchange to be any octet string,
including a zero length string.  Hence, it seems that
no string and a zero length string are not necessarily
semantically equivalent here.

Kurt