hijack attack (Was: authmeth-09 comments)

RFC 2828:
   $ hijack attack
      (I) A form of active wiretapping in which the attacker seizes
      control of a previously established communication association.
      (See: man-in-the-middle attack, pagejacking, piggyback attack.)

That is, if an LDAP client authenticates using DIGEST-MD5 but fails
to establish integrity protections, then a MITM attacker can take
over (or "hijack") the LDAP association.

Kurt