RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapbis-url-05.txt

G'day,

Just some comments:

Section 4. Introduction.
Include "MUST NOT" and "SHOULD NOT" in the final paragraph.

Section 5. URL Definition

>SLASH = %x5C; forward slash ("/")
%x5C is the backslash, use %x2F instead.

>The "ldap" prefix indicates an entry or entries residing in the LDAP
>server running on the given hostname at the given portnumber.
Does this imply that it would be wrong to chain the request, if the server
is able to do so?

>An extension prefixed with a '!'character (ASCII 33)
>is critical.
Wouldn't it be better to maintain consistency and use hex (0x21) instead of
decimal (33)?

>If an LDAP URL extension is recognised by an implementation, the
>implementation MUST make use of it.
What if you recognise it, but don't implement it?
If it is not critical then I see no reason why the operation should not
proceed.

Regards,

Andrew Sciberras
Software Engineer