Re: models: about using the directory

At 11:42 AM 12/20/2003, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>I have the impression that [Models] is supposed to be read first
>among the LDAP documents.  Is that correct?

No.  I would hope implementors would read [Roadmap] first.
The remaining documents should read together.  That is, one
should likely start with [Models] or [Protocol] and then
jump to other documents as necessary.

>If so, I think it is unfortunate that [Models] is completely
>static:  It describes the directory, but not how it can be used.

That seems like something for some high level document.  I've been
thinking that FYI13 (RFC1308) and FYI14 (RFC1309) should be updated.

Any takers? (for work on an individual basis... at least for now)