Re: Protocol: referrals and other URIs

> I am not sure we should say that clients ignore URIs that they do not
> understand. A client may want to display them to the user or report an
> error in some way if a referral was returned that could not be followed
> (or understood).

The same also seems to apply to other paragraphs of 4.1.10 :
   If the client wishes to progress the operation, it MUST follow the
   referral by contacting one of the services. If multiple URIs are
   present, the client assumes that any URI may be used to progress the
   operation.
=>
   If the client wishes to progress the operation, it MUST follow the
   referral by contacting one of the supported services. If multiple URIs are
   present, the client assumes that any supported URI may be used to progress the
   operation.

Likewise, instead of saying "Clients ignore URIs that they don't support",
how about saying "clients MUST follow referrals they support if it wishes to progress"
here as well ?

- Jong