Re: Processing MUST/MAY and NOT in DIT content rule

At 09:15 AM 11/6/2003, Michael Ströder wrote:
>HI!
>
>I wonder how to handle a DIT content rule which lists an attribute type in NOT which is already listed in MUST or MAY. Is the attribute type assumed to be precluded?

Regarding MUST and NOT:
  The list of precluded attributes cannot include any attribute listed
  as mandatory in rule, the structural object class, or any of the
  allowed auxiliary object classes.

Regarding MAY and NOT:
  An entry may contain any non-precluded attributes allowed by the
  object classes the entry belongs to as well as all attributes allowed
  by the governing content rule.

  An entry cannot include any attribute precluded by the governing
  content rule.

Kurt