Re: Implementation of SASL security layer in LDAP clients/servers

At 01:37 PM 11/1/2003, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
>Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>>At 12:49 PM 11/1/2003, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
>>>Out of curiosity, I would like to know how many implementations support SASL security layer?
>>Enough (more than zero) that significant changes the specification
>>of SASL security layer would cause serious interoperability problems.
>Kurt, that was not my question. You haven't named a single one.

Your question wasn't "who has implemented the feature?", but
"how many implementations support the feature?".  I'm not going
to attempt to answer the former.  Nor am I going to attempt to
give a precise answer to the latter.  I will narrow my previous
answer though.

There are multiple independently developed LDAP implementations
of SASL security layers.

Kurt