Re: Authmeth: IPv6

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:

> [Authmeth]-08 section 1 says:
>
> >   LDAP can be protected with the following security mechanisms:
> >   (...) TLS (...) SASL (...)
>
> Also IPv6 data protection and/or authentication layers, I think. I don't
> know IPv6, but I seem to remember mention of both protection and
> certificates.

I think the protection you're thinking about is IPsec, which applies
identically for both IPv4 and IPv6 as far as I know.  I agree that IPsec
should be listed as a possible protection mechanism in this introductory
text.  Of course, unlike SASL and TLS there are no IPsec-specific elements
in the LDAP protocol.

IPsec is referred to in the state-transition table, with associated
question marks ("?") that I guess indicate some more clarification is
needed?

 - RL "Bob"