Re: REVISED protocol review notes [LONG]

>>> Steven Legg <steven.legg@adacel.com.au> 10/22/03 1:17:00 AM >>>
>Yes, but you could also do this:
>
>PartialAttribute ::= SEQUENCE {
>type AttributeDescription,
>vals SET OF AttributeValue }
>
>Attribute ::= PartialAttribute(WITH COMPONENTS {..., vals (SIZE(1..MAX))})
Wow. This looks cool... but having never seen such a thing, I had to do a double take. What do others think about using this kind of definition?

>You could also in-line the right hand side of the Attribute assignment
>statement everywhere Attribute is needed and then rename PartialAttribute
>to just Attribute.
True, it's only used in one place right now (AttributeList)

>By the way, are you intending to put identifiers into each of
>the SET OF and SEQUENCE OF notations ? I so, do you want me to
>make some appropriate suggestions ?
I think so, but I wanted to ping the list one more time about this before deciding.

Jim