Re: Schema nitpicks

At 08:55 AM 9/14/2003, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>I suggest you define attribute type 'name' before its subtypes.
>I suggest you define object class 'person' before its subclass
>'organizationalPerson'.

An (editorial) decision was made long ago that the elements
would be listed in alphabetical order.  I see no technical
reason to revisit that decision.

>Object class 'residentialPerson' does not need 'l' in the MAY
>part, since it already is in the MUST part.  Object classes 'organizationalPerson' and 'residentialPerson' do not
>need 'telephoneNumber' in their MAY parts, since it already is in
>'person's MAY part.

The fact that some MUST/MAY lists contain redundant information
was previously discussed.  Consensus was not to make any
unnecessary changes to valid schema descriptions.

Kurt, LDAPbis co-chair