Re: Schema: encrypted 8-bit userPassword and SASLprep

At 08:44 AM 9/12/2003, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>Since [Schema] says userPassword must be stored unencrypted, I'll switch
>to talk about this text in [Protocol] 4.2 (Bind Operation), and passwords
>stored encrypted in the server in some other way than userPassword:

I think we do need to switch this to a [Protocol]/[AuthMeth] discussion.

I think the WG has accepted (long ago) that simple bind may be used
with password attributes other than userPassword (e.g., authPassword)
and/or with external password stores.

Kurt, LDAP co-chair