RE: Comments about draft-ietf-ldapbis-authmeth-05.txt

The fact that Distinguished Names are necessarily of unbounded length, while
the DIGEST-MD5 "digest-response" (which must contain the username) is
restricted by RFC2831 to 4096 bytes or less, implies that these two concepts
are inherently disjoint.

  -- Howard Chu