From: Kurt D. Zeilenga [mailto:Kurt@OpenLDAP.org]
Sent: Thursday, 14 August 2003 00:23
To: Alexey Melnikov
Cc: Ramsay, Ron; LDAPBis WG
Subject: Re: Comments about draft-ietf-ldapbis-authmeth-05.txt

At 06:14 AM 8/13/2003, Alexey Melnikov wrote:

I suggest that some text about the issue should be included in draft-ietf-ldapbis-authmeth.

If authmeth says anything about DNs and DIGEST-MD5, it should say that the DIGEST-MD5 username and realm fields are, per the DIGEST-MD5 TS, syntactically and semantically not DNs. They are syntactically and semantically simple usernames and realms, respectively.

Alexey