From: Kurt D. Zeilenga [mailto:Kurt@OpenLDAP.org]
Sent: Tuesday, 27 May 2003 16:55
To: Ramsay, Ron
Cc: ietf-ldapbis@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: RE: IETF ldapbis WG Last Call:
draft-ietf-ldapbis-user-schema-05.txt

At 09:19 PM 5/26/2003, Ramsay, Ron wrote:
>I agree with the resolutions, except for passwords. For passwords, I agree that there was WG consensus.

Noted.

>My own opinion, however, is that these are octet strings and that a password matches only if the sequence of octets is the same.

I note that the requirement is applied by applications on input
to the directory.  To the directory service, they are still
octets strings matched octet-wise.

>I think I have only seen about five names in messages to the list - is this enough to declare consensus?

All the input was enough to gain a good sense of WG consensus
and to suggest courses of action for the WG to consider.
We'll have to wait a few days to see whether we really
have consensus or not.

Kurt