RE: Simple+TLS as mandatory-to-implement (RE: Issues with current authmeth draft.)

At 09:38 PM 5/12/2003, Ramsay, Ron wrote:
>I note that LDAPbis cannot change the LDAP specification,

We certainly can change, within certain limits, the LDAP
technical specification.  See our charter.

>but do you see it as possible to change the mandatory-to-implement authentication method?

Yes.  Changing an elective feature to be mandatory-to-implement
is quite possible.  However, such changes should not be made lightly.

Kurt