Re: What ever happened to the information contained within this draft?

Much of the information in this draft should have found its way
into the revised LDAP Technical Specification being engineered
by this working group, namely incorporated into
draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol.

Presently, RFC 3377 is the definitive LDAP technical specification
with RFC 2251 and X.511(93) being the normative source for this
information.  However, you may find that our "work in progress"
draft-ietf-ldapbis-* provides better, but not (yet) definitive,
information.

I encourage you to review the WG I-Ds and to comment where you
think it lacks the necessary detail and/or clarity to allow an
independent developer to produce an interoperable LDAP
implementation.

Regards, Kurt