RE: Extensibility of SearchRequest.attributes

ldapbis has everything to do with interoperability. The fact that you
hope no client sends one of these strings to your server, and the fact
that there are currently no instructions on what should happen if one
does means that thisis a topic for ldapbis.

ldapbis needs to tell servers that it's ok, for unknown strings (which
are invalid attribute names) to be sent, and for servers to ignore those
unknown strings.

Jim

>>> "Volpers, Helmut" <helmut.volpers@siemens.com> 4/4/03 1:41:15 AM

Hi,

I am a little bit confused about the examples of the special
attributes.

I have no problem if your server supports this special attributes, but
I hope your client will not send it to my server.
How will your client decide whether this attributes can be used
(Vendors
Name ?).

I don't think its a topic for LDAPbis ?!

Helmut