Re: matching rules for Facsimile Telephone Number

--On Sonntag, 23. Februar 2003 08:26 -0800 "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:

The corrigendum not only alters the 'facsimile' attribute type
description, but introduces two new matching rules.

It is my opinion (as co-chair) that the LDAPbis cannot take
on work in this area as our charter states that non-"core"
schema is beyond our scope.

Kurt,
draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-05.txt already adds add two matching rules (caseIgnoreIA5SubstringsMatch and caseIgnoreListSubstringsMatch) which are from RFC 2798 & X.520 and thus strictly speaking not part of the "core" (as defined in the wg charter).

How should this matter be progressed? What about an indiviual standards track rfc that updates RFC 2252 / 2256 and/or draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes / draft-ietf-ldapbis-user-schema?

Norbert