RE: Models: aliases

I think the appropriate way is to subclass an alias object with the required naming attribute. This also requires a new object class. At least it doesn't change the underlying model and it doesn't use an object without definition.

Ron.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hallvard B Furuseth [mailto:h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no]
Sent: Friday, 31 January 2003 08:49
To: Kurt D. Zeilenga
Cc: ietf-ldapbis@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: Models: aliases

Kurt D. Zeilenga writes:
> You need to add extensibleObject, an objectClass
> which SUPs alias and allows o,

I don't like this: I never needed to do any of this
before - neither with ISODE (X.500) nor OpenLDAP.

It seems rather heavy to force people to get their
own OID and make new object classes just in order
to use aliases, if extensibleObject is not supported
on their server.

> or adjust your DIT
> content rules to allow o in alias entries.

That's not too widely supported yet either, is it?