Re: errorMessage when success

At 05:36 AM 2002-11-15, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>Should the server be allowed to fill the errorMessage field of
>LDAPResult even along with a non-error resultCode?

Why disallow it?

>The current text (4.1.9) implies yes, but that seems a bit strange to me.

I don't see this as being all that strange... it may
actually be handy in some success cases.   But maybe
s/error diagnostic/diagnostic/ would be appropriate.
Error implies not just non-success but non-successful.
A number of non-zero codes can be viewed as successful.

BTW, I've seen diagnostic information returned with
success... and haven't heard of any problems with that.

Kurt