[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapbis-dn-08.txt
This is a revision I submitted a couple a weeks ago, so it
doesn't include clarifications recently discussed.
- In Section 2.4, clarified that the <hexstring> notation
should be used where the LDAP string representation is not
restricted to UTF-8 encoded UCS. Reworked order of 2.4
statements for clarity.
- Reworded Section 1.
- Added note to 5.3 regarding why [LDAPIANA] descriptor registry
doesn't resolve the short name interoperability problem.
- Added (non-normative) appendix discussing presentation
issues (not involving translation or transcoding).
- Used UCS code points instead of ASCII code points.
- A number of editorial changes.
I hope to produce a subsequent revision shortly which:
- clarifies in Section 1 that:
Section 2 is the RECOMMENDED algorithm;
other documents may detail other algorithms;
all algorithms MUST adhere to Section 3 requirements.
- adds text in Section 3 regarding how ABNF productions
relate to the ASN.1 DN data type;
- provides additional editorial changes.