Re: Query about LDAPv3

At 05:50 AM 2002-06-24, Anurag Tiwari wrote:
>Does ldap v3 support `distinguished name searches' in the sense that can
>I setup a filter that searches only for a dn like:
>    (cn=Jo*,o=CMC,c=india)

No.  DNs are not attributes.  Filter assertions, even
extensible matching rule assertions, act upon attributes.

Note: some servers might maintain operational attributes
which contain a copy of the entry's DN.  Values of these
attributes can be matched using filters.  However, I'm
not sure how one would do substring matching against a
DN value.  While DN values have string representations,
the DN syntax is not a string data type.

Kurt