Re: subschema clarifications (Was: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapbis-models-01.txt)

At 08:57 PM 2002-05-31, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
>We would also have to state that an operational attribute cannot be
>added to the MUST or MAY list of any objectclass when it is known that
>the attribute has semantic meanings when paired with certain object
>classes (i.e. ref and referral).

Yes, an object class which MUST or MAYs an operational attribute
type is presumed to have operational semantics associated with it
and hence should not be published in the subschema unless the
server supports those semantics.

Kurt