Re: WG consensus: remove ;binary

Mark Wahl wrote:
So with that said what is the transition plan for phasing it out of current products and will it just ignor a ;binary tag on an LDAPsearch for instance.

It shouldn't be phased out of products as it is required for interoperability, it just needs to be moved from one document (2252 revision)
to another. The part of the LDAP specs which defines certificate attribute handling will need to define the ;binary transfer option for use with those attributes.

I think we need to clarify the consequences of the LDAPbis WG's decision to remove ;binary. My understanding is that the PKIX WG has no plans to use ;binary for PKI attributes, which means over time ;binary will be entirely phased out (the main use for ;binary has been for PKI attributes). That means we do have a transition issue that must be addressed.

--
Mark Smith
AOL Strategic Business Solutions

--- This message was sent via Netscape Messaging Server 6.0.