Re: LDAP Certificate transfer syntax (draft-ietf-pkix-ldap-v3-05.txt)

  On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, David Chadwick wrote:
> All constructive comments welcomed

  Hi David-
  A thought for the you...

  Although implied by section 3, perhaps it should be stated expectedly:

  "A PKI object should be placed into a LDAP directory such that the LDAP
   object DN matches the subject DN of the object."

  Although this seems obvious to some, I've run into a surprising number of
  clients setting up directories using some alternate structure, who are
  then surprised when validation software can't find certificates given
  subject DN's.

    - Ken Stillson

--
      |   Ken Stillson             |    stillson@mitretek.org    |
      |   Sr. Principal Engineer   |    voice: (703) 610-2965    |