Re: ;binary

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

> At 08:30 AM 2002-02-25, Christopher Oliva wrote:
> >
> > My argument here is that the current ldapv3 RFCs do not
> > really say one way or another what should happen.
>
> It doesn't need to.  The specification requires the client to
> request the userCertificate attribute using ;binary.  If the
> client fails this mandate, then the behavior it gets is undefined.
> [..]
Clients are expected to request the userCertificate attribute
using ;binary.   Clients which fail to follow the specification
will not interoperate with all compliant servers.

Sorry for jumping in that late.

Hmm, now you're telling us that e.g. a generic client has to explicitly request all attributes it might handle additionally with transfer encoding?

Ciao, Michael.