Re: Service name + host check [Re: Last Call: Discovering LDAP Services with DNS to Proposed Standard]

I believe supporting service (protocol) information in TLS
checks would be useful.  I would think an optimal solution
would be service neutral.  That is, the TLS check would be
defined in a manner supporting not only LDAP, but all
protocols which use TLS.  Maybe this is something which
PKIX WG or interested individuals should consider taking
on.  Once a general mechanism for using service information
in TLS checks was establish, the LDAP "core" specification
could just use it by reference.

Kurt