RE: Binary Syntax (consensus confirmation)

I totally agree with Ron.
;binary is defined and it have to be correctly encoded.
My Server looks in the value for a UserCertificate;binary
and validate the syntax and the client gets an error if it
is not correctly encoded.
Why should I use ;binary for an OctetString ?
Binary was invited to transfer complex ASN.1 syntaxes (e.g.
Certificates, Revokationlsits etc) over the LDAP V3 protocol without
defining a String representation for this attributes.
A Client which want to handle this types of attributes
should be able to handle ASN.1.

Helmut