comments/change control (Was: IETF ldapbis WG Last Call: draft-ietf-ldapbis-iana-04.txt)

At 02:07 PM 2001-11-29, Ryan Moats wrote:
>| >2. In section 5.3, there a reference to a change control request.
>| >It is not clear from the rest of the document what the process is for
>| >the change control request triggering a specification update or IESG
>| >asserting ownership. I think this needs to be addressed to provide some
>| >guidance to requesters (both for initial requests and subsequent requests).
>|
>| I think the last sentence of 5.3 needs to be replaced with:
>|   For registrations owned by the IESG, the objections SHOULD
>|   be addressed by initiating a request for Expert Review.
>|
>|   The form of these requests is ad hoc but MUST include the
>|   specific objections to be reviewed and SHOULD contain
>|   (directly or by reference) materials supporting the
>|   objections.
>|
>| Does this address your concern(s)?
>
>Partially.  In addition to the above, I got lost in the following scenario:
>scenario:
>
>Somebody registeres an "e-" or "x-" item, so its owned by the register.
>Somebody else makes a change request on that item (this looks to be allowed)
>
>Now what happens?  If the owner doesn't make the requested change, at what
>point does/should IESG take ownership?

Comments are handled per 5.3.  Upon Expert Review comments can be
attached to the registration.  But this doesn't change ownership
of the registration or the registration itself.

Changes to a registration are handled per 5.2.  The IESG can
assert ownership at any point when it believes changes are
necessary and the registered owner is not willing or able to
make them.

Kurt