Re: LDAP filter document loose ends (draft-ietf-ldapbis-filter-01.txt)

>"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:
>>
>> The Filter I-D WG Last Call concluded last week.  The following
>> issues were raised and should be resolved as indicated:
>>
>> 1) Steve raised an issue that the ASN.1 for and/or filter SETs
>> are not limited to one or more elements per text of RFC 2251
>> and ABNF of RFC 2253 and suggested the ASN.1 be modified to
>> include SIZE (1..MAX) restrictions.  MarkS agreed but noted
>> that this is primarily an protocol I-D issue, not a filter I-D
>> issue.  ACTION: JimS to review protocol issue and make
>> recommendation for WG consideration.  Once resolved, MarkS
>> should update the ASN.1 fragments provided in the filter I-D.

Oops, slipped thru the cracks. Then I recommend revising those two choices in the ASN.1 in 2251bis (ala Steven's suggestion) to:

Filter ::= CHOICE {
      and   [0] SET SIZE (1..MAX) OF Filter
      or    [1] SET SIZE (1..MAX) OF Filter
      <...no other changes...> }

If there are no objections, I will make this change to the next version of the protocol doc.

Thanks. Jim