Re: NUL in DNs

My only concern (and it may be unfounded) would be that some applications or API's currently send a single octet NUL when they really mean to send a zero-length value as a DN. I'd have to do some testing to see if this is the case, and what problems might pop up due to this reqt.

Jim

>>> "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> 07/19/01 04:08PM >>>
The DN syntax allows NUL (U+00000) to occur without any escaping.
Most APIs, and hence most applications, cannot handle this.  I
suspect most servers cannot handle them as well.

I suggest adding NUL to the set of characters which must be
escaped.

Kurt