Re: Optional Matching Rule Assertion Syntax

I think such a change might cause some interoperability
problems.  I note that both the OpenLDAP server and C SDK
treat matching rule's SYNTAX field as required.

The alternative, defining a "variable assertion syntax",
to me sounds like a reasonable approach to support the
desired functionality.

Kurt