From: Leif Johansson [mailto:leifj@it.su.se]
Sent: Tuesday, 10 April 2001 16:47
To: Ramsay, Ron
Cc: Kurt D. Zeilenga; Jim Sermersheim; ietf-ldapbis@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: interoperability of ;binary

Another spin on this: transfer-options like ;binary can just as easily
be implemented as an ldap control (i.e "gimme all values encoded using X").
Language tags seem to be different. That was my though when raising the
issue.

	Cheers Leif

PS Everybody is talking about ;binary = BER but I assume that in the case
of userCertificate at least, DER encoding is what you need. Right? DS