RE: DN "published table" opinion

Ryan and Kurt,

I agree with the direction of being liberal in what we expect and strict in what we emit.

Unfortunately, doing so still has compatibility issues, I fear.

I don't see another alternative, but the inclusion of the "MUST" regarding what the server emits is going to cause implementers (and exploiters) alot of "pain".

Regards,
Tim Hahn

Internet: hahnt@us.ibm.com
Internal: Timothy Hahn/Endicott/IBM@IBMUS or IBMUSM00(HAHNT)
phone: 607.752.6388     tie-line: 8/852.6388
fax: 607.752.3681

Sent by:        owner-ietf-ldapbis@OpenLDAP.org