Re: authmeth question: meaning of administrative limits on service controls

At 11:50 AM 3/9/01 -0700, Roger Harrison wrote:
>In reading the authentication methods draft, I'm not sure I correctly understand the meaning of the following statement (from the list of security mechanisms in section 1):
>
>   "(5) Resource limitation by means of administrative limits on service controls"
>
>My understanding of this statement is,  "Limiting the amount of server resources that a client can use by (a) providing configurable server parameters that control the usage of these resources and then (b) configuring the server to limit the usage of the resources."

I think it just means:
   Resource limitations by means of administrative restrictions

I would suggest:
   At the moment, imposition of access controls is done by means outside
   the scope of the LDAP protocol.

be reworded:
   The imposition of access control and administrative restrictions
   are outside the scope of this document.

Kurt