Photo (Re: Syntax Survey Version 2)

At 09:29 28/02/2001 -0500, Mark Smith wrote:
I vote for choice "b."  RFC 2798 is an Informational RFC and as part of
the LDAPBIS work we are not obligated to do any extra work to support
inetOrgPerson.  I doubt photo is used much, if at all, in deployed
directories and I for one would not like to encourage its use by adding
it to a standards track RFC.

I have seen pictures used in several internal company directories. It is fairly popular.
I have not checked what syntax they were using, though :-(
Deprecating the one that is not used seems like a Good Thing.

BTW, I think inetOrgPerson (including Photo) should be standards-track. But not necessarily an ldapbis product.

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand@cisco.com
+47 41 44 29 94