RE: trimming listed syntaxes in RFC 2252bis

Kurt,

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

> At 03:04 PM 2/22/01 -0800, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> >I suggest the table of syntaxes provided in RFC 2252, 4.3.2 be trimmed
> >to only those which are specified in the TS.  Below is a table which
> >indicates the deposition I recommend where "Deposition" is:
> >        Y - Include
> >        N - Not part of the LDAP "core" specification, remove
> >        M - Not part of the LDAP "core" specification, it and
> >                dependent matching rule should be removed.

Out of curiosity, do you expect these removed things will resurface later,
fully defined, in other RFCs under ldapext, or do you expect them to
disappear
forever ?

> >I note that of those listed as "Include" may need to be excluded
> >for other reasons (such as implementation report findings).
>
>         O - Depends on Obsolete specification
>         I - Depends on non-Standard Track specification
>         D - Deprecated syntax

Are you going to use these in combination with Y, N and M ? Otherwise what
is the implied fate in each case ?

> >Comments?
> >

> >   Value being represented        Deposition IDENTIFIER

> >   MHS OR Address                  O  1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.33

In the syntax survey I noted the most recent specification, RFC 2156, for
this one.

Regards,
Steven