RFC 1959 to Historic? (revised)

My previous post had an unfortunate typo.  This corrects the typo
and provides references.

In a review of old LDAP RFCs, I noted that "An LDAP URL Format"
(RFC1959) and "The LDAP URL Format" (RFC2255) are both currently listed
as Proposed Standards.   As there should not be two specifications
of the "ldap" URL scheme and clearly RFC2255 supercedes RFC1959,
I believe it appropriate to recommend to the IESG that RFC1959 be
moved to historic status.  Is there any reason why such a
recommendation should not be made?

 http://www.rfc-editor.org/categories/rfc-proposed.html
 ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc1959.txt
 ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc2255.txt

Kurt