RE: Extensible Match Filters

At 04:39 PM 2/8/01 +1100, Steven Legg wrote:
>That depends on what you think goes in the SubstringFilter.

I agree that SubstringFilter use of LDAPString is bad.
This restricts the substrings to UTF-8.  I note that
Substring Assertion syntax (RFC 2252, 8.3) is also restricted
to UTF-8.

I prefer to change SubstringFilter to use AssertionValues
as this allows the asserted value syntax to differ from
the attribute value syntax (as allowed by all other filter
choices).

I also suggest an Octet Substring Assertion syntax be
introduced to allow use of non-UTF-8 substring matching
rules with extensible matching.

Kurt