RE: AttributeTypeValue and binary

Wait, before you withdraw, one question.  Does the spec state that all syntaxes MUST be defined with either a string encoding or an encoding whos transmission is signified by an AttributeDescription.option? If not, I believe we need to amend my suggested paragraph.

Note that your read of my question here is subject to your interpretation of the term "string encoding". I believe "string encoding" means nothing more than the fact that there's some way to string together octets to form a defined syntax. The octets may contain any value (as long as they meet the syntax requirement).

Jim

>>> "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> 1/24/01 8:29:40 PM >>>
I withdrawn this issue.  I had reviewed the suggestion in an
incorrect context.

I have no objection to Jim's last suggestion.  I also agree
with Steven in regards to "binary" vs "BER".