RE: Formal definition of LDAPOID values

Jim,

Is there some reason why you can't just reference the numericstring
production
in Section 4.1 of RFC 2252 ?

If not, then like RFC 2252, you should say that leading zeroes are not
permitted in a numericstring, or else rewrite the ABNF to disallow them,
e.g.

numericstring  = "0" / ( non-zero-digit *digit)
digit          = %x30-39 ; "0" to "9"
non-zero-digit = %x31-39 ; "1" to "9"

Regards,
Steven