RE: binary syntax suggestion (Was: AttributeTypeValue andbinary)

At 07:09 PM 1/22/01 -0700, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
>What was wrong with the OCTET STRING wrapper comment (I assume you're referring to 2251: 4.1.6)?

No RFC 2252, 4.3.1.

>It made sense as an issue that should be cleared up.

The issue, in terms of 2252 "binary" syntax, is that the syntax
itself does not have an OCTET STRING wrapper in all uses.
For example, the DN containing a RDN value 0x02024869 (hex) from
a binary syntax attribute type (1.1.0) should be represented as:
        1.1.0=#02024869

The wrapper statement could be confused as meaning there
should an OCTET STRING wrapper, that is:
        1.1.0=#040402024869

Kurt