RE: AttributeTypeValue and binary

At 12:30 PM 1/22/01 +1100, Steven Legg wrote:
>Isn't the first step to decide if there is consensus on making this
>idea of a per-syntax default encoding overt in the revised LDAP
>specifications ?

My point was only that, IMO, some clarification as to which
interpretations is correct is needed.  This, of course, is a
debatable point.  I didn't intend to offer an opinion as to
which interpretation I favor nor any specific suggestion for
how to clarify the specification.  I think we need further
discussion on the issue before any consensus can be drawn.