RE: AttributeTypeValue and binary

At 02:38 PM 1/19/01 +1100, Steven Legg wrote:
>Kurt wrote:
>> Also as previously noted on the LDAPext mailing list (see archives
>> for discussion), "binary" transfer of values of "binary" syntax
>> makes little sense and likely should be disallowed.
>
>With regard to my other message on this subject, the ";binary" transfer
>of values of Binary syntax is sensible but redundantly requested if the
>default encoding for the Binary syntax is taken to be BER.

My rational for disallowing ";binary" transfer of an value of
binary syntax is my opinion that ";binary" transfer is restricted
to transfer of LDAPsyntaxes who's OID refers to an ASN.1 data type
definition (RFC 2251, 4.1.5.1) and the binary syntax OID does not
refer to an ASN.1 data type definition (RFC 2252).

Kurt