RE: When to not deref aliases

1. argument:

In X.511

If simple is used, it consists of a name (always the distinguished name of
an object), an optional validity, and an optional password. This provides a
limited degree of security.

(I interpret this "the distinguished name" that it can only be one for one
object)

2. argument

You have to "common arguments" or extensions for a simple bind where you
have the
possibility to say the server "dereference" or "don't dereference" and I
don't believe
that this functionality have a default to "dereference" and it could not be
changed.

Helmut