RE: When to not deref aliases

Kurt,

I agree with you that in absence of a control or parameter to specify what to do about alias dereferencing, that aliases are NOT dereferenced.

I think the 2251bis work should state this.

Regards,
Tim Hahn

Internet: hahnt@us.ibm.com
Internal: Timothy Hahn/Endicott/IBM@IBMUS or IBMUSM00(HAHNT)
phone: 607.752.6388     tie-line: 8/852.6388
fax: 607.752.3681

Sent by:        owner-ietf-ldapbis@OpenLDAP.org