Re: Revised DN ABNF

At 04:52 PM 1/4/01 -0500, Timothy Hahn wrote:
>Since only an excerpt was posted to the list,

I submitted a revised I-D <draft-ietf-ldapbis-dn-00.txt> with
the revised ABNF a couple of weeks ago.  The revised I-D
does not to have the sentence you meantion nor the LDAPv2/RFC1777
section it refers to.

>We just wanted to make sure that they [Section 4] aren't dropped.

I commented on my rational for their removal in the following posts:
  http://www.OpenLDAP.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/200012/msg00065.html
  http://www.OpenLDAP.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/200012/msg00066.html

I suggest you review the latest I-D, these posts, and then
comment.

Kurt