WG ACTION: LDAP (v3) Revision (ldapbis)

A new working group has been formed in the Applications Area of the IETF.
For additional information, contact the Area Directors
or the WG Chair.

LDAP (v3) Revision (ldapbis)
----------------------------

 Current Status: Active Working Group

 Chair(s):
     Kurt Zeilenga <kurt@openLDAP.org>
     RL Morgan <rlmorgan@washington.edu>

 Applications Area Director(s):
     Ned Freed  <ned.freed@innosoft.com>
     Patrik Faltstrom  <paf@cisco.com>

 Applications Area Advisor:
     Patrik Faltstrom  <paf@cisco.com>

 Mailing Lists:
     General Discussion:ietf-ldapbis@openldap.org
         In Body:       (un)subscribe
     Archive:           http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/

Description of Working Group:

The LDAPv3 "core" specification is RFC 2251-2256 and 2829-2831. The
purpose of this working group is to shepherd these RFCs through the
Internet Standard process.

The group will deliver revised LDAPv3 specifications suitable for
consideration as a Draft Standard.  This work will be based upon
RFC 2251-2256,2829-2831.

The group will deliver an applicability statement defining LDAPv3.
This work will be based upon draft-hodges-ldapv3-as-00.txt.

The following areas are out of scope:

- "LDAPv4"

- All LDAP Extensions (LDAPext) excepting StartTLS.

- LDAP Replication (LDUP)

- LDAP non-"core" Schema

- Connection-less LDAP (LDAPext)

 Goals and Milestones:

   Dec 00       Submit LDAP Applicability Statement I-D

   Dec 00       Submit LDAP Revised Specification I-Ds

   Dec 00       Submit LDAP Applicability Statement I-D to the IESG for
                consideration as Proposed Standard

   Jun 01       Submit Implementation Report as I-D

   Jul 01       Submit LDAP Revised Specification I-Ds and Implementation
                Report to the IESG for consideration as Draft Standard