changes to ASN.1

I'm wondering, in general, what changes can or should be made to any ASN.1 constructs in the bis documents. I would assume minimal if any at all.

Specifically, I've noticed the following in RFC 2251 (none of which are "real" problems):

In 4.6, it would be nice to rename the innermost field called "modification" to "attribute". I find it's hard when corresponding to refer to this field due to confusion with the name of it's encapsulating sequence. Also, I'm not sure why there is a need for the definition of AttributeTypeAndValues. Can't Attribute be used? Suggested changes would result in:
     ModifyRequest ::= [APPLICATION 6] SEQUENCE {
             object          LDAPDN,
             modification    SEQUENCE OF SEQUENCE {
                     operation       ENUMERATED {
                                             add     (0),
                                             delete  (1),
                                             replace (2) },
                     attribute       Attribute -- from 4.1.8 } }

Similarly, the AttributeList in 4.7 could be changed to:
     AttributeList ::= SEQUENCE OF Attribute

Jim