Re: RFC2253bis: "a published table"

At 10:25 AM 11/1/00 -0600, Mark Wahl wrote:
>"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:
>>
>> RFC2253, 2.3 states:
>>   If the AttributeType is in a published table of attribute types
>>   associated with LDAP [4 (RFC2252)]....
>>
>> What "published table" is being referred to?  There is no table
>> in RFC2252 nor does the sentence appear to refer to the table
>> within the section.
>
>It refers to the table within the section.

That seems reasonable.  I believe the language should be reworked
slightly for clarity.  I suggest:

  If the AttributeType is in the following table of attribute types
  associated with LDAP [RFC2252], then the type name string from that
  table is used, otherwise it is encoded as the dotted-decimal encoding
  of the AttributeType's OBJECT IDENTIFIER. The dotted-decimal notation
  is described in [RFC2251].

  String     X.500 AttributeType

Comments?